The Junior League of Tampa seeks to end human trafficking by spreading awareness throughout the Tampa Bay area. While The League does not work directly with human trafficking victims, it does have the ability to continue to be a strong advocate and a voice for victims and organizations that help them .
“When the community is educated and aware, the individuals can gain hope and reassurance that they can heal from their experiences.” – Becca Stevens
Past Awareness Events
- “Think Globally, Act Communally” an evening with Becca Stevens
- Unveiling of mural “I am not for sale. I am priceless.” in Downtown Tampa
- Human Trafficking Awareness Training with Special Agent Gregory T. Christopher
- Light Up the Night at The Shops at Wiregrass
- Screening of “Too Close to Home”, a documentary which explored the prevalence of human trafficking in Tampa