The Junior League of Tampa is committed to building better communities and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I) is at the core of our work. Our vision is to instill diversity, equity and inclusion into everything we do to continue to serve The Junior League of Tampa and our community.
In 1926, The Junior League of Tampa was founded to serve an under-represented population and make a difference in the community through a collective action. Today, we continue to champion diversity, equity and inclusion as we strive to fulfill our mission and live our values.
- The Junior League of Tampa embraces a variety of perspectives, backgrounds and beliefs through the diverse voices of our membership and those which reflect the diversity of the children, families and communities we serve. This fuels our innovation and affects community improvement through voluntarism.
- The Junior League of Tampa creates inclusive environments leveraging unique contributions of diverse individuals and organizations through education and training programs so that we can effectively inform and create opportunities that better assist our members and our community.
- Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the core of everything we do at The Junior League of Tampa.
What it Means to JLT
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion are more than just buzzwords to us; DE&I guides everything we do.
- Diversity is…the quality of being different or unique at the individual or group level
- Equity is…the pledge of fair treatment, opportunity and advancement while striving to identify and eliminate barriers
- Inclusion is…the act of bringing together and harnessing differences in a way that is beneficial