Applying for Membership
The Junior League of Tampa’s New Member Application is currently closed.
The Junior League of Tampa opens its application process in the spring of every year. The following criteria must be met in order to be considered for membership:
- The candidate must be a female between the ages of 23 and 39 on July 1, 2018.
- The candidate must reside in Hillsborough County or Pasco County.
- The candidate must possess an interest in community service.
- The candidate must have two sponsoring members (See the Resources section below for more information).
Periodically throughout the year, we host Membership Preview nights. Dates and times of the preview events are sent to mailing list subscribers. They are also posted on our Facebook page.
Provisional Member Overview
As a Provisional Member, the first year is spent immersing our newest members in the mission of the League. The Provisional Education Committee works to acquaint, inform, and motivate our newest members and to empower them to explore, dream, and discover what The Junior League of Tampa offers them and also what they offer the League.
Once accepted into the Provisional class, members must complete various requirements. Upon successful completion of these requirements between August and April, the member will be approved into Active membership by the Management Council. The following is a sample overview of the Provisional requirements. Requirements are subject to change.
- Pay Provisional fee of $115
- Pay annual dues of $205
- Attend one of the two Provisional Retreats (dates to be determined)
- Purchase five cookbooks (total cost between $115-$125)
- Purchase 10 Holiday Gift Market tickets (10 tickets at $5 each)
- Work two 3-hour Holiday Gift Market shifts
- Volunteer 6 hours for Kids in the Kitchen volunteer shifts
- Work two 3-hour volunteer shifts (excluding Kids in the Kitchen)
- Attend four General Membership meetings
- Attend one training event
- Attend monthly Provisional meetings
- Participate in Provisional Bus Tour (date to be determined)
If you have specific questions, please do not hesitate to call (813) 254-1734 and leave a message for the Membership Manager or email her at MembershipManager@jltampa.org.
To learn more about our Provisional class and Active membership, join our mailing list below.
Once again, thank you for your interest. All of us at The Junior League of Tampa are proud of our accomplishments in this community. We always need hard working volunteers to continue having the impact and success that we enjoy today!