The Junior League of Tampa’s Young Entrepreneurship Program (YEP) presented by Valley National Bank Women Entrepreneurs aims to grow the potential, leadership, and influence of female business owners in our region. Launched in 2014, the program offers a unique and valuable opportunity for one selected female entrepreneur.
Meet our 2018 YEP Winner
Rebekah Phillips of Pawz Publishing
Rebekah Phillips is an author, illustrator, and a founders of Pawz Publishing. She founded Pawz Publishing in 2015, with her mother Sharon Gonyaw, as a way to pursue her passion as author and illustrator. Since then, she has written and illustrated multiple children’s books including Piper was Afraid. Recently, the characters from her books have come to life with Pawz Publishing’s expanded line of custom plush toys.
The mission of Pawz Publishing is to teach young impressionable minds how to be creative, use their imaginations and develop into kind and thoughtful adults. They desire to create an experience for parents and children, where the quality time spent reading a bedtime story together will be remembered and cherished for the rest of their lives. Don’t forget to visit her booth at the Holiday Gift Market!
This grant is open to women who meet the following qualifications:
- 40 or under at the time of Holiday Gift Market 2018
- Majority owners of their business
- Sell a product which is a unique addition to the Holiday Gift Market selection
- Have not participated in Holiday Gift Market previously
- Are not current members of The Junior League of Tampa
The winner of the Young Entrepreneurship Program receives:
- A premium booth at Holiday Gift Market ($1100+)
- Spotlight signage during Holiday Gift Market
- Special mention in the Holiday Gift Market Shopping Guide provided to the 20,000+ attendees
- Local media promotion to enhance brand recognition around the Tampa Bay Area
2018 – Rebekah Phillips, owner, author, & illustrator Pawz Publishing
2017 – Lisbeth Pacheco, founder of Ethos Coffee Roasters
2016 – Janee’ Scarle, owner & designer of Old City Calligraphy
2015 – Jordan Windschauer, found & CEO of Base Culture
2014 – Kristen Ostow, owner of Southern Doe