The Junior League of Tampa Diaper Bank serves to combat diaper need within Hillsborough County by supplying diapers to diaper programs in our community.
If you are an agency serving Hillsborough County who could benefit from diapers, please fill out our Request for Information Form.
What is Diaper Need?
The lack of a sufficient supply of diapers to keep a baby clean, dry and healthy.
Diaper Need Facts
- 5.2 million children in the U.S. aged three or younger live in poor or low-income families.
- 1 in 3 American families reports experiencing diaper need.
- Diapers cannot be obtained with food stamps.
- Disposable diapers cost $70 to $80 per month per baby.
- No state or federal child safety-net program allocates dollars specifically for the purchase of diapers.
- Without transportation, buying diapers at a convenience store rather than a large “big box” store can significantly increase the monthly cost of diapers.
- Infants require up to 12 diapers per day, toddlers about 8.
For more information on diaper need, please visit: http://nationaldiaperbanknetwork.org