The Junior League of Tampa’s Young Entrepreneurship Program (YEP) presented by Valley Bank aims to grow the potential, leadership, and influence of female business owners. Launched in 2014, the program offers a unique and valuable opportunity for local entrepreneurs to showcase their brands, products, and mission to all of Tampa Bay.
The Holiday Gift Market is an intensive 3 ½ day retail shopping experience that takes place at the Florida State Fairgrounds. Attendance has averaged 18,000 shoppers in recent years. Merchants will set up their booths during the day Wednesday, November 8, 2023, and be open for business during the Preview Party Thursday night. The market continues during the day Friday, November 10th through Sunday November 12th.
*Applicants understand and accept that they must be set up and be available every day for the market*
The following awards and grant are open to women who meet the following qualifications:
- Over 21 to under 40 years of age at the time of the Holiday Gift Market
- Majority owner of their business
- Sell a product that is a unique addition to the Holiday Gift Market selection
- Are not current members of The Junior League of Tampa
Winners will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Products and Brand Story – Who has the best, most unique products and story to promote at the Holiday Gift Market
- Preparedness for Market – Who is most prepared for setup and selling at the Holiday Gift Market
- Social Media Impact – Who promotes the Holiday Gift Market and their want to be the winner the best through social media
Young Entrepreneurship Program Award Winner
The winning candidate receives:
- A pre-paid booth at Holiday Gift Market to sell her products
- A $3,000 grant from the Dorothea Adell Tinsley Family Foundation to grow her business
- Business media promotion through social media, television, and print to enhance brand recognition throughout the Tampa Bay Area
- A feature in The Junior League of Tampa’s The Sandspur Magazine
- Spotlight branded signage during Holiday Gift Market
- Mentorship for Market
Entrepreneur on the Rise Awardees
Additional Runners up may be awarded based on outstanding applications. Entrepreneur on the Rise awardees will receive benefits of participation at the Holiday Gift Market provided by the Dorothea Adell Tinsley Family Foundation.