As our largest membership class, Sustainers are a huge source of support for the League. They provide a connection to our past while their financial support keeps us moving into the future.
Sustainer Officers for 2016-2017
- Sustainer President – Denise Cassedy
- Sustainer President-Elect -Betsy Chambers
- Sustainer Recording Secretary -Leslie Jennewein
- Sustainer Corresponding Secretary – Leigh Kamm
- Sustainer at Large – Nancy Crane
Benefits of Membership
- Activities: Sustainers are invited to a wide array of social, training and volunteer events:
- Day at the Races
- Bridge and lunch club
- Arts & Antiques
- Sustainer Fall Luncheon at Holiday Gift Market
- Sustainer cocktail party
- Sustainer happy hour at Davis Island Yacht Club
- Food bagging for our Food 4 Kids project
- Influence: Sustaining members can sponsor one new member per year in The Junior League of Tampa.
- Connections: Sustaining members can connect with each other by accessing our electronic membership database (printed copies are available for a $10 fee benefitting the Endowment).
- Awareness: Sustainers receive quarterly copies of the Sandspur magazine which keeps members current on League and community issues.
- Membership Transferability: League membership is transferable throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and England.
Sustainer of the Year – Recognizing outstanding volunteer service in a community service organization or through community service over a significant number of years.
Martha Ferman Spirit Award – Recognizing the exemplary achievement, steadfast dedication, and selfless spirit of an Active Junior League Member who will be sustaining the following year. Decision is made by President, President Elect and immediate Past President and award is given at Annual Dinner.
To learn more about Sustainer requirements, visit our Member Requirements page.