The Junior League of Tampa wants to end ‘period poverty’ in Hillsborough County. As a member of the Alliance for Period Supplies, the JLT Diaper Bank collects and distributes period supplies to community organizations serving women and girls.
The Alliance for Period Supplies (APS) was launched in May 2018 with the support of founding sponsor U by Kotex®. The initiative is part of the National Diaper Bank Network and part of our collective effort to improve lives for women and children.
Period Poverty Facts
- 1 in 4 women struggled to purchase period products within the last year due to lack of income
- 1 in 5 low income women report missing work, school or similar events due to lack of access to period supplies
- 88% of women agree period products are a basic necessity
- Lack of access of period supplies is linked to using substitute products, stretching product usage, and missing important events
- Only 4% of women are aware of local resources where free or reduced cost period supplies are available
- Federal and State safety net programs cannot be used for period supplies
*Source U by Kotex survey conducted with YouGov